RealTech Control’s model RTC-LED UV LED Sterilization Light (Tape or Strip lighting) is used for disinfection and sterilization of surrounding air and water. Ultra-Violet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) is a disinfection method that uses short-wavelength ultra-violet C (or UV-C) light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions.
It can kill germs up to an effective 99.9%, using UVA and UVC spectrum light rays. For information on the efficacy against COVID-19, click on this link to the research paper from the International Ultra Violet Association (IUVA). Simply wire the light strip into a +12Vdc power supply (option select available) for both the UVA and UVC wires. The 3M backing tape sticks to most surfaces, and the light strip can be cut to length by cutting in the marked areas of the power supply terminals. It comes with a 5 year warranty for constant LED strength light.
The RTC-LED UV LED sterilization light is low power and efficient, with LED lights requiring only 3W / meter at 12Vdc, which is 0.25A per meter from the 12Vdc power supply. If you are using your own power supply, a rating of 2A is recommended if using the full 5 meter light strip. The strips come in an optional 10M length, please contact us if you require this.
Please remember – do NOT look directly at the UV LED lights and it is recommended to mount them underneath counters, within seems of cabinets etc. or in places that cannot directly be seen by looking at the area. Alternately, use them at night for sterilization / sanitizing and switch them off during the day in areas of frequent use.
Some examples of uses:
- Above work benches or tool bins. This would sanitize the work bench surfaces, bins and tools
- The inside seams of control cabinets, to sanitize wiring / instrumentation inside the cabinet
- In trunks and trailers of maintenance work vehicles, this can also be connected to the 12Vdc vehicle battery
- Equipment storage sheds and locations
- Countertops, shelving, and the soffit area (between roof and cupboard top)
- Inside cupboards for example to sanitize cutlery and crockery
- Underneath cupboard toe kick area (gap between cabinet and floor) to sanitize floor area
- Places that are frequented by people for handling or touching items / social gatherings etc.
Visit our web page: LED Lighting